Spring 2009 is starting to look like a great time to find an Emmert Vise!

I received a phone call from one of my friends this morning and have been giddy all day. The call started very somber. He reminded me about his life-long friend who passed away earlier this year, and how we talked about his responsibility to his buddy to help his widow get top dollar for his shop tools. Well, what I didn't count on was that his friend remembered him in his will; and my buddy remembered me as he loaded my new T2 Emmert vise into his truck! Yes, it's going to cost me, but the cause is noble and the vise sounds sweet. I'll let you know more when it arrives.

Another interesting development is there seems to be a non-stop supply of Emmerts on eBay this season. As I type this there are no less than 5 of them at auction, so if you act now you might even have your vise before I get mine! Emmert Patern Makers Vise's for sale on eBay

UPDATE Dec 11th 2009
The post above was written May 5th 2009 and believe it or I received the Emmert vise mentioned above just this week. Rather than ship it we used a network of friends and coworkers to pass the vise from Texas to Alabama, to Atlanta, to Greensboro and finally to High Point! I was in no rush because I've been traveling a lot for work and I also don't have a bench that will support it! The one dissapointing thing is that it has a chunk of cast iron missing from the mounting plate. I'll have to look for a replacement, or perhaps find someone who can repair it without warping it. We'll see.

No comments: